Sunday, February 25, 2007



For several years I have worked with the Parent Group at my school. On one occasion I handed out a package of small squares; this was their introduction to quilting. Over time, many of the women expressed an interest in learning the art of quilting. I developed a project whereby the women would be working on a group quilt. The quilt was titled “Purse Strings.”
I had hoped that when the project was completed we would be able to raffle off the quilt for the Parent Association. However, this was not to be. Women would come to the workshop, take their packet and never return. Talk about frustrating! Finally, I took the completed blocks and added the missing ones. In the end the remaining women decided to present the finish quilt to Ms. Flynn, our retiring principal.

No comments: