These are the first items that I have made since being released from the hospital. I’ve had the pattern for this doll for some time now, but I hadn’t gotten around to putting things together until a month ago.
The pattern for the doll is Sherry Goshen’s Kereeditse, http://dollmakersjourney.com/goshon.html. The dolls may be hung on the wall. I fell in love with the geometric fabric and created the dolls by using placing the pattern in reverse position on the fabric. The faces were created using polymer clay. I didn’t want a realistic face so the faces were covered with Jacquard’s Lumiere paint and the Jacquard powders. I used Art Glitter to enhance the fabric. The dolls’ hair was made from craft yarn.
The dolls are going to be given to two of my colleagues who were constant visitors while I was hospitalized. Besides my family and close friends, they played a pivotal role in my recovery.